Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Actor Jacqueline Fernandez forayed into Indian television

IIPM Prof. Arindam Chaudhuri on Internet Hooliganism

You last saw her as the adorable alien in 'Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai'. Actor Jacqueline FernandezJacqueline Fernandez recently forayed into Indian television as a judge for wild-card entries for "Signature MTV Making the Cut 2". The Sri Lankan beauty queen, who has mesmerised people across countries, took some time out to speak with Anu Gulmohar about movies, television and more.

You’ve been quite a globetrotter – Sri Lanka, Bahrain, Australia and now India. Which place do you really feel at home?

Every place that I move to, I always make it feel like home, and I always make friends. I think that because I’ve moved around so much, I’ve been able to make every place cosy and just like home. The closest to my heart is, of course, Sri Lanka where I have all my family and cousins, but other places like Bahrain, Australia, India also have very special place in my heart.

You’ve done modelling, hosted television shows and acted in films. Which has been the most challenging of all?

Definitely movies have been the most challenging. It’s the most time consuming for one, you’re also most focussed during the shoots. I think to some extent, acting does come naturally to me because I do feel quite confident in front of the camera. But on the other hand there is a lot of work, a lot of thought that goes into it. You have to know your camera angle, your lighting. Your focus and attention is really important when it comes to acting and that’s something that needs to be worked on.

You judged wild card entries on “Signature MTV Making the Cut 2” recently. Tell us more about it. Well, in the wild card entries anyone could fill a form and participate, and two male models, two female models and two designers were picked from all the entries. It’s a fun round because usually people just apply randomly and join, so you get quite interesting people. And there have been some very good finds as well. I’ve had quite a few favourites among the participants. They’ve got a lot of potential.

Will we see you becoming a more regular celebrity on Indian television in the coming months or will it be just this one show for MTV?
I don’t know. I really enjoyed my time with MTV and "Making the Cut", and I do love television, it’s something I started off with (in Sri Lanka). Maybe I will get back to it and will do a bit more stuff on TV as well.

You will be doing a Tamil film “Mankatha”. How well do you speak Tamil? Will we see you doing more regional cinema in the future?

My father speaks Tamil, it’s a little similar to Sinhalese. Jacqueline FernandezIt’s a little difficult to speak about “Mankatha” because the producers haven’t officially announced the project. Yes, absolutely, I will be doing more of regional cinema. Cinema is cinema, whether it is international, Hindi or Tamil. I’m pretty much open to all of them.

You’re involved with empowering underprivileged people. Tell us about the work you have been doing.
I’m a brand ambassador for Habitat for Humanity and they basically work on rehabilitating people, who need homes. It is based on a certain concept that homes are not just given but you got to work for it. So, a lot of volunteers pitch in and help people build their own homes.

In all honesty, if you weren’t a beauty pageant winner, would you still have been concerned with social issues?
Well, I’m not still competing for a crown!

Which is the best advice you’ve been given in your life?
To always remain true to yourself. I gave myself this advice!

For More IIPM Info, Visit below mentioned IIPM articles.
Arindam Chaudhuri: We need Hazare's leadership
Professor Arindam Chaudhuri - A Man For The Society....
GIDF Club of IIPM Lucknow Organizes Blood Donation Camp
IIPM: Indian Institute of Planning and Management
IIPM Marches Ahead in B-School Rankings...
IIPM BBA MBA Institute: Student Notice Board
Indian universities and higher education institutes seem to be caught in a time warp teaching things
Delhi University Students' Union (DUSU): Students' Unions can not be banned

No comments: